Friday, July 8, 2011

Change for CHANGE project

I have a new project to share with you today and I'm sooo excited,
but I'm going to need YOUR help to make it happen!

My friend, Ashley from The Shine Project, is raising money for a scholarship fund to award to 4 lucky inner city high school students who have great potential to succeed in this world, but need someone to see their potential and give them a little boost.

These amazing students are attending Cesar Chavez High School in Phoenix, Arizona and even though I'm miles and miles away I am absolutely THRILLED to have a chance to show them that there are people in this world who will band together to love and support a stranger in need.

Ashley has plans to raise $20,000 to split among these 4 students.

What is MY part in this project?
Ashley is looking for 100 people to pledge to raise $100 by October and I am one of those "pledgers".

this is how it works:
I have made a change jar and will fill it with my spare change for the next 85 days.
I know you can do the math, but that's $1.17 a day.

Here she is ...

How can YOU help?
You can visit Ashley at the Shine Project and pledge to start your own $100 change jar OR you can help me fill mine! 

If you (my beautiful readers) and I team up and give just $1 a person,
we could fill that change jar immediately! 

All you have to do is click on that little "DONATE" button under the change for change button on my sidebar.
 
Can you imagine what this will do for these high school students?
Receiving this gift will open a door for them that has been slammed shut, 
it will give them an extra boost to succeed ... 
it will be something they will NEVER forget ...
and I'm sure it will land on the top of their "little things" list for the rest of their lives!

If you feel inspired to motivate and pay it forward to one of these wonderful kids please email me at squeezingitallin@gmail.com and 

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

I KNOW we can do it!

I can't wait to hear from you!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I found you through Ashley's link up! I'm doing Change for Change too! I just haven't decorated my jar yet :) Yours looks great! I can't wait to see how much money we raise!

Ashley said...

Of course yours is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! I love it missy!

Kevin and DeNiel said...

I have a jar already started. Count me in.

Alexis Kaye said...

super super super cute!!! You are fabulous! And I love youe header and blog name!

Amanda said...

Your "jar" is amazing!!!

Suzzie Vehrs said...

wow, this is so beautiful! I wish you could make mine! lol. Mine is literally a jar... not decorated at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...