Sunday, January 10, 2010

An Eve to remember…

We rang in the New Year and closed out the old one in the best way I could possibly imagine…with a celebration of our sweet Evan!

We weren’t able to bless him at church because not all our family members participating in the blessing were going to be able to make it so we changed the date and were able to have as many Priesthood holders in the family we possibly could join us for the blessing. (We sure missed those family members who were too far away to participate!)

We had a nice dinner together and then all the kids sat down for a quiet movie while the adults moved into my studio. My sweet sister, Lindsay, with the voice of an angel, sang while I played an arrangement of “Abide With Me” that I wrote. It was beautiful. She was the perfect instrument to invite the Spirit to reside in our home and set the tone for the ordinance. Thank you, Lindsay, thank you. I will always treasure making beautiful music with you!

We then, one by one, quietly moved upstairs into Evan’s peaceful room. We all gathered around and the men circled my precious baby. Evan Grant Wilson was blessed. My heart overflowed with joy and gratitude to my Father in Heaven for bringing such a miracle into my life. The Spirit touched me so deeply during the intimate and beautiful event. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing – except to have EVERY SINGLE family member present to join in the celebration.

When the blessing was complete we ate some mean brownie bottom cheesecake bars…

IMG_3267took pictures of the growing babe…
IMG_1057IMG_3268and the new family of 4!!!
IMG_1059

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Wilson for coming all the way from Colorado to take part in our special day!
IMG_1047Here are the proud parents and Grandparents…I’m kicking myself for not having taken a picture of everyone that was there – hindsight is 20/20!
IMG_3282We played games and enjoyed each other’s company…it was a lot of fun! I’m so blessed to be a part of two wonderful families who love and support us and our beautiful boys. We weren’t sure that we would be able to end this year in celebration of such a beautiful and miraculous life, but I’m bursting with gratitude that we were able to do so!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so grateful that I got to be there to experience that sweet baby's blessing. Love ya!

Doug said...

I echo my beautiful wife's comments. It was a very special ocassion and we are so grateful for everyone that was there and especially for Evan. No better way to spend new year's eve.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...