Monday, November 7, 2011

New Tradition: The Thankful Tree

Last year, Miss Emily Rose, from Simply Vintagegirl blogged about what she called "The Thankful Tree".
I've been trying to conjure up a couple new traditions for my little family and when I stumbled upon this one...I knew it was for us!
So I put together my version... with a $1 glass jar from the thrift store, some leftover ribbon and curly twigs.

 I had these tiny little pumpkins for a while and always been in love with them, but haven't found a really great purpose for them until now.
 The only other thing we need is a bowl filled with empty tags waiting to be filled with thankfulness.

I have challenged my manly crew to write something they are grateful for everyday this month...I'm participating as well.

So far, I'm really enjoying reading their thoughts as we begin to fill up our tree.

And when it's time to take down our tree I will save all the filled tags in an envelope marked with the year so we can always remember the "little things" we shared with each other.

I love this grateful time of year, but I wish we could keep it alive all year long.
I'm sure if we were always in a state of looking for the positive "little things", or blessings (no matter how big or small) in our lives we would all find ourselves much happier and more willing to serve one another.

This "Thankful Tree" might just need to remain a permanent fixture in our home.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I am thankful that two years ago...precious Evan was born...your second miracle boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...