Friday, October 7, 2011

Stuck.

I have a four letter word stuck in my head.
It's not the kind you might be thinking...it's a good one.
source
I've found that for most of us, it's easy to be kind to others...
but have you ever though about what your self-talk sounds like? 
source
Try talking to a friend or loved one how you talk to yourself and I'm pretty sure you won't be fostering the kindest most loving relationship you could.
Over time, you'd probably kill their self-esteem and confidence.


In my job as a teacher, I am constantly building self-esteem and confidence. 
I am always trying to encourage and motivate my students to realize and therefore achieve their full potential. 
Which means I am always encouraging a positive self-talk.
 
Now, I'm not saying that my own self-talk is always something I want others to hear, but I am saying that I'm pretty sure it's something we can all to work on....including me.
We live in a society that sends us constant messages, telling us we are never good enough. 
Never smart enough, tall enough, skinny enough, fast enough, successful enough, rich enough...and the list goes on and on.
So the next time your self-talk gets out of hand...
which might be in the next few minutes....
rewind it and start over - thinking of this four letter word.
KIND

1 comment:

Jennifer Jill Araya said...

As DeNiel said, thank you! This was exactly what I needed to hear today. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...