Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I've been gone...

I'm not going to give excuses... so let's just get on with it...
Thanksgiving was really great. I love this time of year.
I worked and trained all year looking forward to Thanksgiving knowing that I would be running the annual Thanksgiving Day race here in Cincinnati.
It was cold and wet.
I didn't do as well as I had planned and trained for (yes, I did take into consideration it has only been one year since the battle ended for baby Evan's life as well as the year of immobility doing so) but I did myself in when I decided to go to that 90 minute spin class the day before the race.... ignoring the voice in the back of my head saying "You will pay" - I will do things differently next year and I'm sure I'll be much happier with my time.

We had good times with my cousin, Ben and had some delicious eats together.
I saw these cute place mats on Flamingo Toes and knew I HAD to make them for my little nieces and nephews. I didn't follow her tutorial, but it's a good one. I also made these cute pilgrim hats for each of them. I couldn't knock out all the place mats on my own so I got my sweet angel mother to help me finish the task.


I think the kids had fun...so it was worth it! Thanks, Mom, for your help!
Husband gave me a great chance to finish altering two sweaters inspired by miss Kathleen over at Grosgrain...but I didn't take before and after pictures but they turned out cute -I'll have to take pictures next time...

As far as the flower bib necklace tutorial - it's coming. I promise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...