Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday time…

Husband entered the land of the thirties this month. I was so excited and had been working on his special day for a long time before the big day actually arrived. It was full of fun, presents and really great food! –if I do say so myself…
For his birthday dinner we had his favorite pizza…
IMG_4336 IMG_4351

IMG_4341IMG_4360

He usually asks for a cheesecake which I was prepared to make, but instead he asked for the closest version of his favorite authentic Italian treat he loved when he lived there...cornetti. Quite the tall order considering A.I’m not a professional baker B.I don’t have ANY Italian ingredients and C.I’ve never even attempted to make a pastry before.

Long story short…three days and four recipes later I hit the jackpot and had a cripsy, flaky crusted filled pastry that was pretty delicious.
After our celebrating was over I was struck with an overwhelming back pain due to all the days spent in the kitchen and Doug forbid me to enter which was a really nice break! But in the end I felt quite accomplished and Doug was happy so it was all worth it.

I worked on a surprise present for him for months before his birthday, which some of you reading probably know about, but alas…it didn’t come in time. So for a week after his birthday I could be seen sprinting to the mailbox (it’s actually down the street) everyday to check if it arrived. Once it did, I was thrilled –squealing with delight, and Doug really loved and treasured it! “It” was a bound book full of pictures, encouraging letters and love notes from most of his family and friends.

Thanks to all those who contributed! It was a VERY successful 30th Birthday…now on to the next 30 years!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...