Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Puzzle Pieces

In this journey our little family is on I have learned a few more intimate details about some of the virtues I most desperately want to fully acquire: Patience, Faith, Endurance and Hope. It seems as though we all find little pieces of these virtues, and others, in our individual lives and experiences but never each one in its complete 1,000 piece package. I'm sure we all wish we could just find the whole puzzle, snatch it up, call it ours, and never lose a piece, but I know that's not the way we are intended to learn here on this Earth. I've been studying a little on Patience the last few days and here are a couple of thoughts I wanted to share...

"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required." Thomas S. Monson
"Elder Neal A. Maxwell linked patience and faith together when he taught: “Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His” (“Patience,” Ensign, Oct. 1980, 28).
"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God’s purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable" Robert C. Oaks

I finished a quilt block with embroidery recently for my Mom that just happened to have this scripture on it....

"...Tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope."
(Romans 5:3-4)

I am VERY far from fully understanding and embodying the virtues I've been studying, but I'm praying to continue finding one piece at a time in hopes that some day I will look and realize that I have found at least half of my puzzle.

Don't forget...click here and ENTER...you only have until Sunday!!!

1 comment:

norristl said...

Hi Heather!
I have been missing you so much... we miss you for piano and I miss you for work outs! I am glad that things are going so well and each day is a success!
Emma says Hi and can't wait to get back to playing for you.
Take care of yourself and let God do the rest! Love ya! Lesli and Emma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...