Tuesday, September 29, 2009

open arms and big smiles

I didn't sleep last night and I had a hard time eating much of anything all day due to my scheduled appointment in the afternoon. The unknown seems to be the cause of many uneasy feelings and some sleepless nights, but we have continued to be surprised with more blessings and miracles in the midst of the constant unknown.

I walked into the office and was welcomed with open arms and big smiles and set in the usual room. The receptionist checked what shoes I was wearing, which she does every time I come, and was happy to see the polka dots instead of the now - dreaded by all employees of my doctor - zebra print beauties....They seem to believe that those blessed shoes are the cause of my last hospital admittance and long hospital stay. Silly women...

Anyway, without much detail at all things are still about the same. Not good but not at its absolute worst. My doctor and all the nurses are absolutely amazed that this baby is still growing in my belly. They call me the 'special one', hold my hand, and walk me through every scary moment like I am one of their own. The Lord has blessed us with these fantastic doctors and nurses and we are so grateful.

3 comments:

Crazy Eight Bunch said...

We are so glad ...that things are going well! We wish your family the best.

Jared and Brianne Wendel

Michele said...

Just was wondering how things are going because you haven't posted in a few days. Is everything still going okay? Hopefully all is well.
Michele

scooping it up said...

just checking back in on here to see if that baby is still in! woo hoo! every precious day that goes by is a miracle. every hour those lungs and arteries get to develop is a blessing. you are a trooper. sending lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...