Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fairies....

Yesterday two beautiful cleaning fairies came to our house. They looked just like this... They fluttered in and before I knew it my floors were clean, my carpet spotless, all my laundry in the machine, dinner in the fridge, my dishes done, my counters wiped, my toilets shiny....everything! What was one of the best parts about this fairy visit was to slip between the covers at bedtime and have crisp, clean smelling sheets welcome me. It was just perfect!

I can't even begin to explain to you what this small act means to me and it honestly was pure torture to watch it all take place, but once I get myself past that, it was one of the most beautiful sights to behold. I wouldn't let just anybody do all that for us, but it's an amazing thing to see how much love is had for this little baby of mine, by his family, before he has even shown his face!

Tomorrow is another appointment and today is filled with worry...unfortunately that's nothing new. I feel like there might be some more changes this week. I say that just because of some of the things my body has been feeling, but I've been wrong before. Our prayers never cease.

I know a lot of my thoughts on this blog now focus on bed rest and what that is like, but the biggest part in all of this is WHY I'm lying here and I have to remember that all the time.... I'm lying here because my body can't hold a baby nice and tight in my belly like it's supposed to and that is NOT my fault, it's just the way my body is. I'm lying here because it is my part in doing all I can to fulfill a portion of our Heavenly Father's plan. I'm lying here because the life of one of Heavenly Father's special spirits is depending on it. I'm lying here praying that this whole process will ensure our arms with a beautiful child in the end, but nothing is ever certain.

We love the Lord and know He is watching over us. We know He has a plan and is leading us down the path that has been carved out for our family. We know there is much to learn from all trials with which we are faced...that's one of the reasons we are all given them. The Lord is good to all of us, even in hard and scary times.

Much love to my beautiful fairies...you blessed my days (and Doug's days) more than you will know.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love you Heath. I wish I could live closer and help you ALL THE TIME! It was fun, I loved it! Now, if only I really DID have the body of a fairy....

Miss you already!!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Sylvia taught the BEST lesson in Relief Society today about Sisters and service and how we all take care of eachother. When I read this post I automatically assumed it was Relief Society Sisters that came and did this spectacular act for you... now that I read your sister's comment I realize it was your REAL sister... but just remember that you are loved by all of us as well and you are taken care of. (Yes I feel confident I can speak for all of us Sisters). Keep Resting:)
Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...