Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you see this beautiful face?

I've tried to start this blog more times than I can even count and I stopped blogging all together because I was at a loss as to how to express my thoughts or if I even should. Today I feel I need to just go forward and write what is on my mind and in my heart so here it is...

I hope I don't get in trouble for this... :) This beautiful woman has been at the forefront of my every waking thought for months now. This is Elizabeth Marshall Johanson...she is one of my greatest friends.
We met in college, lived as roommates in a rundown, nasty little house that we both hated and from then on...well, I just felt like she was ment to be in my life.

She is one of the most intelligent women I know, loves candy bars (whatchamacalits being a favorite), loves music, wishes her hair was curly and she could dance, hates popcorn (even just the smell) and would watch Beetlejuice everyday of her entire life if you would let her....There is so much more to this girl than I could ever blog about, but one vital piece of Elizabeth is that she is a fantastic Mother.

She married a kind, intelligent and amazing man, Adam, and they have a beautiful 2 year old daughter, Megan. This November 18th she gave birth to one of the most precious of our Father in Heaven's little soul's...Jack Alexander Johanson.

He is so beautiful! He fought hard to stay here on this Earth, but our Father in Heaven had another plan for this, one of His sweetest of sons. I never met this handsome guy, but while he was on this Earth it was a better place. My world was filled with more love, peace, joy, and hope. He taught me to not sweat the small stuff and have greater love and appreciation for those around me! He taught me to fight hard for what you love and know to be true...even to the end. He taught me a lot. He helped us all remember what is really important in this life.

He was blessed on this Earth, and will be for all eternity, to have amazing parents with strong testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ, who loved and will always love him fiercely. This precious little one has made my life better and who better to be called his mother for all eternity than my dear friend... Our prayers are never ceasing. You are on my mind always... May the Lord continue to watch over you all.

Jack Alexander Johanson

November 18, 2008 - December 29, 2008

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow...I'm at a loss for words. I love you too, Elizabeth, and our prayers have been and will continue to be with you always.

Elizabeth J. said...

What a sweet post, Heather.

You will always be such a light to me and will always hold a special place in my heart. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a beautiful person (inside and out) in my life.

Much love always and forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...