Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I’m full…

I couldn’t find a parking spot and I was late for my favorite gym class.
There I was…holding my 31lb baby in one arm,
a bag slung over my shoulder,
and pushing my 30lb broken boy in his wheelchair with the other arm and then it happened…
I was stuck at the curb with no way to pop a wheelie.

now, usually on Wednesdays my angel Mother has been meeting me at the gym to help us get inside smoothly, but she wasn’t there tonight – but a beautiful stranger came and asked if she could help. It’s hard for me to accept help sometimes…okay, most of the time, but let’s face it – I was desperate.

It was one of those moments where a stranger passes by you and says…”My you have you hands full!” while wearing a ridiculous smile that signifies their lack of desire to be in your shoes.

In that small moment, my hands were literally VERY full, but instead of turning the moment into a degrading one…my sweet stranger just smiled and loved on my baby as we walked into the gym together.

I’ve looked the reality of empty hands straight in the face and thought I would live life as a Mother with a broken heart and empty hands. The fact that my hands are full right now is a shear miracle…and I wouldn’t change anything because I’d much rather have my hands full than empty.

only a few more hours to win…announcement will be made first thing tomorrow

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Have I mentioned how amazing you are? Cuz you are. Oh, and I just love your new background and everything. How did you do the text in that font? SOO cute! love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...