Friday, February 12, 2010

cooped up…

Some of us (Andrew) are obviously feeling like caged birds these days with all the snow and the sick baby… All the time at home is getting to me too – If you think about it, I’ve been caged in here for over 6 months. But I’m trying my hand at re purposing clothes that are just lying around here to make fun, new creations.

Using a thrift store T-shirt, a onesie that didn’t get nearly enough use, scissors and my Janome I whipped up this cute new creation that the boys will love…

IMG_3586

And a pink cable knit sweater I’m not super fond of turned into a little sweater dress for my niece Sammie who prefers her clothes super comfy (no elastic, buttons, zippers, etc. and nothing scratchy). I’m hoping this little number will make two happy girls…Sammie’s Momma because of it’s cute factor (especially with a pair of patterned tights), AND Sammie because it is so soft and comfy!

IMG_3592 As for the health of our babe…I think I should say he’s officially working his way out of the land of the ills. He has some good days and some bad days, but he is WORLDS better than he used to be. I’m thinking we will be placing our finger right on pneumonia…NOT meningitis. Thank goodness!

Today I’m so grateful for antibiotics and a moving baby… and my Janome.

I have 2 new links on the right hand side…check them out – it’s where I got these repurposing ideas. So fun! (thanks Lindsay!) (thanks ‘Make it and Love it’ and ’Made it’)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your projects turned out SUPER cute! Good job, Heath! I knew you would be WAY better at it than I would!

Lindsay said...

I'm SOOOO glad the babe is getting better!

Elizabeth J. said...

Very cute, Heather! Thanks for sharing the links. I am hopeful that I will soon be in my own place working on fun projects like these!

scooping it up said...

so glad baby is doing better. um, i am gonna have to google "janome" or whatever you are talking about, you crafty crafter. i am totally out of the loop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...