Monday, June 1, 2009

Girlfriend Getaway

Yesterday I returned from a really fantastic girl's weekend away. 6+ years ago I moved into a
nasty little house on the edge of BYU campus and didn't know a single one of my roommates, but immediately connected to Elizabeth Marshall and was almost inseparable from then on.

We've been through some great times together and we've been through some really hard times as well. She has always seemed to understand me without much explanation and has a way of knowing exactly what to say or do to make me laugh or help me whenever I need it. We've made some great memories together and traveled parts of the world together as well. She's like the sister I never had. She has been and will always be considered one of my greatest friends. She's made my life much better since she's been in it!

We decided to leave our husband's and little one's at home and meet for a weekend away. It had been three years since I'd seen my beautiful Elizabeth and it was so wonderful to spend time with her again. We talked, laughed, ate good food, relaxed and just enjoyed our time together.

One of the best things we did was ride a quadracycle. It was so much fun letting go of the responsible wife and mother roles for a moment and just be a girl and have fun together.
Here are some great memories we've made as roommates...
traveling in Paris....
spending some time in the London, England temple...
and enjoying lots of concerts, plays, symphonies, etc....
What a great past 6 years and what a fun weekend. Thanks to Adam, Elizabeth's husband, for letting her spend time with me on the weekend of her 4th Anniversary...Adam, your the best! Thanks for such a great weekend away Elizabeth, I wish we could do it more often... I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to see you!

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

You busy this weekend?? Perhaps we could do it again... :)

Loved seeing you. Wished you lived closer. Miss you already!

All my love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...